Life at Kerjacob .

Life at Kerjacob .

Wednesday 14 December 2011

Music bunting.




Recently when I was busy making paper bags for a fair I thought about making some bunting from the pages of music too.
So I set to and made a template, then using punches and biscuit cutters I decorated the bunting.






The first line went on the bookcase in the kitchen and I was pleased with the look of them.
The line of pots on the top of the bookcase are cheese moulds, they have little holes pierced in the side for the liquid to drain out. They come from different regions of France.





The hare is one that we bought about ten years ago at a big ceramic fair, I loved it then and love it now.

The sculpture is by John Maltby, another favourite artist of ours.






Then onto the fireplace with the next row of bunting.
When the woodstove is lit the little flags move gently with the warmth from the fire.
The rabbit candle holders are ones I bought in France some years ago, they look so good when they cast their shadows onto the lime rendered wall.





The brown bear is actually a candle but I just don't have the heart to light it as then of course the bear would disappear !









The little metal figures are ones that Mr P bought me one year at Christmas, I like them so much that they don't just appear at Christmas .
The boy is holding a letter stamped with a heart and the girl carries a large heart and a candle.


2 comments:

  1. I like your idea of punching stars out of the music score....I bet it looks really nice in the evening with the light shining through the bunting.
    Julie x
    I could give your gorgeous hare a new home on my mantlepiece...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are back, and I see, you have been very busy creating wonderful things. Love bunnies! And you had me with the little hearts. Very sweet.
    I wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy and HEALTHY New Year.
    Hugs, Evi

    ReplyDelete