Life at Kerjacob .

Life at Kerjacob .

Friday 10 June 2011

The blues !






I love the old linens that I manage to find here.



Whenever I can I'll buy monogrammed napkins, it doesn't matter to me if they're not the same - it all adds to the interest and individuality.


When I have a reasonable number I make a dye bath and in the napkins will go.


I wait and watch as they take the dye and its lovely to then hang them out to dry.


Somehow the damask takes on more detail and the woven designs can be seen more clearly.


The monograms themselves are just lovely.


As my collection grows I'm putting them by to sell in the future.

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous...I rather like them dyed grey too..I tryed it with a few plain ones, and they do take the colour up beautifully don't they..gosh I would love a stash like that.
    hope your well
    Lynn xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blues, in Brittany no less! Forgot to wish you a joyeux anniversaire.....

    ReplyDelete